Release Day guidelines
Release Day blog articles
The Australian Romance Readers Association are introducing a new type of blog article that has a set format and quite strict limitations. The article will be posted on the release date.
The idea is to keep the article reasonably short, but to offer content that readers can’t get just anywhere. Plus of course give authors exposure for their new releases.
The guidelines for publishers/authors are as follows:
- the book must be a romance
- the book must be an original release (not a reissue or repackaged book)
- the information outlined below must be received at least two weeks before the scheduled release date
- a blurb and cover picture must be provided, along with book format and publisher name
- a personal paragraph talking about the book (in addition to the blurb) should be provided
- we ask that authors drop by the blog to answer comments at some stage on the day (or in the day or so following)
- we will not include photos, biographies or extracts
- we will allow up to two web links – e.g. website/blog and sale link
- if you choose to include a giveaway we ask that it be exclusively for ARRA members.
If you are interested in featuring an upcoming release as a Release Day blog, please contact our Author Liaison, Cora Wright, at email@example.com, including the release date in the subject line. Please be sure to send the information in to Cora at least 2 weeks before the release date. Please note that the article will only be posted on the release day, so please let us know if the date changes.
The blog would look something like this:
You can see the release day blogs here: https://australianromancereaders.wordpress.com/category/release-day/