Publisher Pitch guidelines
Publisher Pitch blog articles
The Australian Romance Readers Association are introducing a new Publisher Pitch blog format that has a set format and quite strict guidelines. To qualify, publishers must have a strong romance catalogue and must have had a consistent publishing schedule for at least six months.
Each publisher can post once a month (or as negotiated) to highlight their upcoming releases.
The idea is to keep the article reasonably short, but to bring information on your new releases directly to the readers.
The guidelines for publishers are as follows:
- publishers must book a date on the ARRA blog–this will be negotiated to fit with the articles scheduled each month
- the information outlined below must be received at least a week before the scheduled date
- the books must all be romances
- the books must be upcoming releases (we will not do Publisher Pitch articles for books that have already been released)
- a personal paragraph from the publisher should be included at the top of each article
- the publisher’s logo will also be included at the top of each article
- if there are less than 10 titles, a three-sentence teaser (maximum) for each title should be included (please don’t use the book blurb)
- if there are 10 or more titles we will include a list of titles and authors only
- cover pictures for each new release listed must be provided, sized at 72dpi and 200 pixels high
- if there are less than 4 titles the covers will be included in the body of the article
- if there are 4 or more titles the covers will be included as a montage at the side or end of the article
- we will not include author photos, author biographies, or blurbs* or extracts from any titles
- a web link to the publisher’s website can be included, but we will not include any buy links*
*If you choose to do a ‘featured title’ for the month you can include the blurb and buy link (for that title only). Any featured titles must include a giveaway for that book (exclusive to ARRA members). Note that you may also do a ‘feature title’ of a previously release book, if a subsequent book in the same series is a new release that month.
If you are interested in doing regular Publisher Pitches for your upcoming releases, please contact our Webmaster, Debbie, at email@example.com. Please be sure to book a date for your ‘pitch’ and to send the information required in at least 1 week before your blog date.
The Publisher Pitch blogs will look something like this:
You can see past Publisher Pitch blog articles here: https://australianromancereaders.wordpress.com/category/publishers/