ARRC2015: Pop Quiz, round 9
- In which book by Viola Grace, writing as Zenina Masters, do a fox shifter and a peacock shifter appear?
- What breed of dog does Allison Butler have?
- What are the names and ranks of the hero and heroine of SE Gilchrist’s novel Legend Beyond the Stars?
- In which Australian state does Shona Husk live?
- Which series is Angela Verdenius’s book Vet’s Desire a part of?
- What is the name of Kirsty Dallas’s merchandise store?
- What is the title of the music used in Ellen Cross’s trailer for her book Delta Blues?
- When Kelley Armstrong was asked as a child to produce a story about girls and dolls, what did she write about?
- What is the name of the anthology in which Jennifer Brassel’s story ‘A Lady’s Honour’ appears?
- What exotic pet does Jennie Jones have?
Email your answers to email@example.com. Each correct answer scores 1 point, with 2 bonus points if your answers are received within 24 hours of the questions being posted. Points will accumulate each week and the winner will be the person with the highest point score after round 20 concludes. The winner will be announced at ARRC2015.
Note that you must be an ARRC2015 delegate or an ARRA member to enter the competition.
And here are the answers for round 8:
- What degree does Maggie Gilbert have?—an Equine Science degree
- Which story by Nicole Murphy, writing as Elizabeth Dunk, features a 40+, plus-sized heroine?—Claudine’s New Adventure
- When Lisa Ireland was living in Longford, Victoria she had to live through what kind of plague?—a mouse plague
- What animal is on the cover of Kaz Delaney’s novel Princesses Don’t Sweat?—a kangaroo
- Which books did Shannon Curtis hide behind her textbooks in class when she was in primary school?—Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden
- Where did Annie West get the idea for her book Captive in the Spotlight from?—her editor’s suggestion of a high-profile scandal story
- What is the name of Helene Young’s catamaran?—Roo Bin Esque
- What is the name of one of the series that Beany Sparks writes?—‘Temple Cats’, ‘Paws of Magic’ or ‘Merman Tales’
- What is one of TM Clark’s favourite animals besides a horse?—a guineafowl
- For which book did Jennifer St George win the 2012 NZ Clendon Award?—The Convenient Bride