ARRC2015: Pop Quiz, round 8
- What degree does Maggie Gilbert have?
- Which story by Nicole Murphy, writing as Elizabeth Dunk, features a 40+, plus-sized heroine?
- When Lisa Ireland was living in Longford, Victoria she had to live through what kind of plague?
- What animal is on the cover of Kaz Delaney’s novel Princesses Don’t Sweat?
- Which books did Shannon Curtis hide behind her textbooks in class when she was in primary school?
- Where did Annie West get the idea for her book Captive in the Spotlight from?
- What is the name of Helene Young’s catamaran?
- What is the name of one of the series that Beany Sparks writes?
- What is one of TM Clark’s favourite animals besides a horse?
- For which book did Jennifer St George win the 2012 NZ Clendon Award?
Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each correct answer scores 1 point, with 2 bonus points if your answers are received within 24 hours of the questions being posted. Points will accumulate each week and the winner will be the person with the highest point score after round 20 concludes. The winner will be announced at ARRC2015.
Note that you must be an ARRC2015 delegate or an ARRA member to enter the competition.
And here are the answers for round 7:
- Sylvia Day has been the subject of trivia questions on which two TV game shows?—Who Wants to be a Millionaire? and Jeopardy
- What is the respective social standing of the hero and heroine of Amy Rose Bennett’s erotic Regency novella ‘An Improper Proposition’?—footman and Countess
- In which Australian state does Angela Castle reside?—Victoria
- In what year is VK Black’s book Lies and Seduction set?—1941
- Which TV series does Maggi Andersen enjoy watching?—Downton Abbey
- What kind of shapeshifters are featured in Khloe Wren’s Fire and Snow series?—snow leopard shifters
- How many children does Hazel Gower have?—4
- Which book by Fiona McArthur is set on the Orient Express?—Christmas with Her Ex
- Anna Clifton has a ‘randy alpha-male’ adopted pet. What type of animal is it?—a brush turkey
- What is the name of the drummer in Eden Summers’ fictional band Reckless Beat?—Sean Taiden